Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 12 of my NO SUGAR Journey: Rest is My New Wrench

What do you do when you're sleep deprived?!

I spent the day trying not to pass out from being so tired. 

I had band rehearsal in the evening and the drive was pretty far. 

I wasn't sure how I was going to make it... I was so tired. 

My band mate was drinking a Red Bull and even though I HATE that stuff, I was seriously considering drinking it. 

I picked up the can and read the ingredients and of course... sugar added. 

Ugh 

I couldn't find anything that would give me energy that didn't contain sugar. 

It didn't help that sugar was all my body was asking me for... 

I've learned from experience that whenever I'm tired I need to eat all day long. 

This is because I need more fuel to get me through the day. 

Mainly though, the kind of fuel my body wants is the kind that comes from sugar infested foods.  

When I eat healthy it actually burns faster so I was getting hungry more often throughout the day. 

To be clear, because I was tired my body needed more energy. 
In order to get more energy I had to eat more food but the food that I was eating, because it was healthy, was burning off really fast. As a result I was getting hungry faster. 

Sleep is really important when you're trying to eat right. 

The reason is obvious. 

If you're tired, you're body is going to require food energy and the temptation to eat sugary foods will be great. 

I'm happy to say I didn't cave and I didn't pass out. 

I did however knock out when my head hit the pillow, despite my little brother trying to talk my ear off. 
Like his sister, he's a little chatter box. 

Sleep is not only important so that, as we said before, one can have a more a productive day, it is also important so that we don't feel forced to eat whatever will give us the most amount of energy therefore causing us to cheat. 

More simply explained, being well rested will lower the possibility that you will crave sugar. 

Give yourself the gift of rest. 

So many things in this life seem more important but the night was made for sleeping. 

I think if we can trust that being well rested will actually help us be more efficient throughout our day, then we will have an advantage in every area of our lives. 

I find that to be more and more true every time I experience sleep dipravity.  

Sleep is not something that has been easy for me to do but it's also something I know has slowed me down in all areas of my life.  

So if you think that you're alone in this, you're not. However we can overcome this and achieve success!  

It's exciting to do this! 

It's exciting to be so well rested that you accomplish more in one day then you thought you could, experience more focus and have less cravings because your body doesn't need that extra sugar powered energy. 

Therefore you'll feel more accomplished and healthier. 

We all use many tools to achieve this. 

Let's add rest to our tool box. 

Rest is my new wrench. 

Yesterday's band practice. I love these guys! They bring energy to my life with their music and talent. 

We have a gig this Saturday at La Caridad. Come check us out! 
Address: 
2619 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90026

See you there! 

Joyful in all things,
               Daisy Julia 



No comments:

Post a Comment