Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 1 of my NO SUGAR Journey: Detour

Well today was the first day of my NO SUGAR Journey. 

I read some inspired writings that really helped me stay away from temptations. Keep your eyes forward and don't look to the left or right!

 I realized that the times when I most often give in to my temptation is when I've been staring at a sweety for a second too long.

 Our kitchen counter was filled with fall candies today (candy corn, yogurt covered raisins and almond candies) provided by yours truly...ironically. Actually it wasn't so ironic.

 What happened was I bought all this candy yesterday for my family and thought it would be just adorable to decorate the kitchen with jars full of candy, then I ate half the box of candy corn before I could even pronounce the "ca" in "candy".

 "Study snack" I thought. "Just a little won't hurt" I thought, but as I walked back and forth, passing my full length mirror to go get more candy, I started to notice my little pudge!!! 

Anyone who's ever been super close to me knows that I use to be able to eat whatever I wanted without having to worry about the pudge.  Clearly I've abused my metabolism and she is not very happy with me. I'm not really liking her attitude either (yes I'm referring to my metabolism as having her own identity because we are at odds with each other at the moment). 

But I take ownership of my body and realize that it's my responsibility to care for her and all her organs.  

My first step in doing that is cutting out sugar, which apparently is more addictive than cocane...what?!! 

As I stated before, when I heard this great advice about not letting my eyes wander I knew what my first move towards improvement would be! 

I didn't look at those candy jars for more then a second. 

Sometimes my eyes would just land there and immediately I'd look somewhere else. Not allowing myself to even ponder the existence of these little monsters for even a second. 

And then I went on with my life. 

Life is so beautiful! Why waste it on those little fake happy moments when I can have REAL happy moments?!

And there you go! 

That is how I got past my first day! Detouring my eyes! 

Today's message: detour your eyes from what you don't want and focus on what you do want, or just anything else that isn't what you don't want! 
Today's little outing. I went to my beautiful friend's birthday dinner (Happy Birthday Lili!) and as they enjoyed their ice cream, I enjoyed my passion ice tea sweetened with the little orange slice it came with. I asked the waitress for a bunch of those little guys and squeezed them in there. It was very refreshing. And no sugar!!! Other than what naturally comes in the orange fruit. But fruits are acceptable. 2 servings a day for me is good. Normally I just eat berries. 

Joyful in all things, 
               Daisy Julia 

No comments:

Post a Comment