Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 13 of my NO SUGAR Journey: Let's Get Creative!

So it's day 13 and I've lost 3lbs. 

I actually lost those 3 lbs in the first week. But then I plateaued. 

I think this is because although I haven't been eating sugar, I HAVE been eating everything else that's not healthy.

I've been eating pizza, pastas, chips, tortillas or rice at practically every meal.

Although for now it's okay to enjoy these fun foods every now and then, the point here is to gradually begin to work towards making healthier choices. 

I'm not going back on my rules, I just think I've been over doing it. 

I want to have fun with this, but if I don't start making healthier choices more often it's going to be pretty hard to give up refined carbs next month. 

So we need to get creative and find ways to eat more meets and veggies in a dish that we'll enjoy! 

So the lesson today is: enjoy yourself but don't over do it. 

This week let's find ways that we'll enjoy making healthy choices! 

Let's get creative! 


This looks like it could be fun and yummy to try out! 

This is the Thia Shrimp with Coconut, Lemongrass and Red Curry. 

Here's the recipe: 

10 oz of shrimp 
1 bunch cilantro 
2 cloves of garlic 
1 small peice of ginger
2 stalks of lemongrass (what is that? I'll have to look it up.) 
1 lime
1 red bell pepper 
1 scallion (?????... Google) 
1 13.5 canned coconut milk unsweetened
2 tbsp red curry paste 
1/2 cub of brown rice (or your choice of rice) 
2 tbsp of honey (I'm substituting sugar with honey)

Enjoy! 

Joyful in all things,
                  Daisy Julia 











No comments:

Post a Comment